Did you know you can “check out” a museum in the Detroit area? You can, with the Museum Adventure Pass, sponsored by Macy’s!
Come into any Warren library branch, and take a look at the selection, then check out your free pass to many of Detroit’s attractions.
Here’s how it works:
- Come into a Warren library.
- Browse the available tickets on the display.
- Choose a ticket and take it to the Circulation Desk, just like you were checking out a book.
- The librarian will give you a paper ticket to your museum of choice.
- You may check out one pass per library card, per week.
- Each pass is good for one week from the date you check out.
- Each museum only has five passes available at any one time. If they are all checked out, choose a different museum, or wait for the pass to be checked in again.
- We cannot place holds on museum passes.
The Museum Adventure Pass includes tickets to the Detroit Institute of Arts, MOCAD, The Henry Ford Fairlane Estate, and Arts and Scraps, as well as many more!
The Detroit Institute of Arts is a two-person pass this year, and it is one of the most popular museums available. You’re welcome to call ahead to find out if a pass is checked in. All libraries have a free paper booklet with the pass restrictions, museum addresses and hours available for the taking, and there's a website (linked above) with all the information you need, as well.